Contact Us

Please fill out the form below and our attorney will contact you.


Our Office

Choose a location to review

Bragg Law PC locations:

Ratings & Reviews

  • 5.0/5.0

    I’ve contacted Melanie a couple of times whenever I’ve felt unsure about my rights and to get her opinion on what I should do regarding a number of issues. Always very helpful and would definitely recommend her to anyone.

    — Client

  • 5.0/5.0

    Thank you Melanie for your professional help. My case was handle very well and was satisfied with the process and outcome!

    — Client

  • 5.0/5.0

    Melanie did a great job putting together our estate plan and setting up wills and trusts. She and her staff were wonderful to work with and we will continue to use her services for any future needs. Thank you Melanie.

    — Client

  • 5.0/5.0

    Ms. Bragg helped me with working through a complex business contract that was crucial to our business. We needed to get the contract reviewed and edited in short order and she was very accommodating, explained things very well and helped us...
    Show More

    — Client

  • 5.0/5.0

    She is very experienced and an excellent communicator.

    — Peer

Knowledgeable Texas Guardianship and Conservatorship Attorney Helps Protect Families

Dedicated lawyer facilitates care for dependent loved ones in the Houston area

At Bragg Law PC, I provide legal support for capable and caring adults in the Houston area and throughout Texas who want to gain the legal right to make decisions for loved ones in need of their assistance. As an informed attorney, I can help you petition to be appointed as a conservator to gain decision-making authority over the health, finances and welfare of your elderly parent or another disabled adult. I also support individuals who seek to become the legal guardians of minor children or want to choose another individual to become their children’s guardian in the event of their own incapacitation or death. I provide sound advice and professional assistance with crucial decisions no matter what challenges you face.

Attentive Texas attorney helps responsible adults become guardians for minors

I advocate for the best interests of children, helping to establish guardianships in which they can receive reliable and compassionate care. Clients come to Bragg Law PC for help with:

  • Appointing a guardian — It is important to name a trusted person to take over guardianship duties for your children in case the need ever arises. When a guardian is not named in advance of a parent’s death or incapacitation, the court may appoint someone the parent might not have chosen. You want to select a guardian who is willing and able to offer care and will raise your children according to your parental philosophies
  • Becoming a guardian — When a child you love is in need of a guardian they can rely on, I can help you seek the legal right to take over these responsibilities. I can present your case in any necessary court hearings, working to demonstrate that you are suited to become a minor’s caretaker.

I will address your guardianship concerns and answer any questions you may have. Protecting the well-being of children is always a top priority.

Respected law firm establishes conservatorships for incapacitated adults

If you are responsible for an incapacitated adult or you have a child who will never be able to live independently, it is important to make legal arrangements for current and future care. At Bragg Law PC, I provide assistance for clients who wish to:

  • Become a conservator — I can guide you in the process of having yourself or another qualified loved one appointed as conservator for an elderly parent or disabled adult. A conservator is responsible for managing the financial needs of the person they care for and making decisions in their best interests.
  • Handle conservatorship conflicts — Adults who have lived independently may be resistant to having another person care for them. If you see an urgent need to assume authority over an aging parent or other relative for their own good, you may have to petition the court to be appointed as a conservator. Your loved one is entitled to opposing counsel. If difficult circumstances arise, you can trust in my professionalism and sensitivity during the legal process.
  • Execute a trust to benefit a special needs adult — If you are responsible for a disabled adult, your estate plan should include a special needs trust to provide financial assistance after your passing. Leaving money directly to a person who receives Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income benefits could make them ineligible for assistance. By creating a trust, you prepare a consistent income stream that eases their financial burdens without jeopardizing eligibility. Your estate plan can also include provisions for requesting that the court appoint a conservator for your loved one.

I am thorough and caring in my approach to your conservatorship needs.

Contact a thorough Texas estate planning lawyer for advice on guardianships or conservatorships

Bragg Law PC helps Texas clients make arrangements so that their loved ones have reliable guardians and conservators. Call me at 713-993-0300 or contact me online to schedule a consultation at my Houston office.